Phoenix Gate Studio is expanding and we need to hire a virtual assistant on contract to help with day-to-day activities.
Our growing group of clients requires the assistance of a clever, detail oriented, and driven individual for a variety of work that could expand over time.
In addition to helping add and edit content on a number of websites, we’re looking for someone who can update social media accounts, manage small details, and assist with documents from time-to-time.
Our hours are flexible, however our deadlines will be firm, and you’ll generally have a day, or sometimes two, to complete most tasks.
Ready to learn more? Here’s the full story.
- Maintaining social media accounts and replies, including on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Add content to WordPress websites, including text, images, data, and general information
- Manage contact lists
- Handle confidential information
- Schedule some meetings and calendar appointments
- At times, arrangements may need to be made for work outside of normal business hours
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Three or more years of experience using WordPress with an excellent understand of overall use, and how to add content, edit pages and posts, and making other changes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including via computer, smartphone, and text
- Highly organized and able to multitask and work well with sometimes fast-paced directions and instructions
- Able to manage time effectively and efficiently
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Experience handling assistant or administrative responsibilities, or experience in customer service or related field preferred
- And a positive attitude
Who We Are
Phoenix Gate Studio is a Toronto-based WordPress developer and social media marketing company supporting small businesses with expert tools for managing their websites and content. Our range of clients, in a number of fields, depend on us to keep their sites running, up-to-date, and increasingly manage their social media presence.
Approximately 5+ hours per week, and generally flexible timing. The role is on a trial basis, however if it goes well, the role could expand into more work and hours.
$20 per hour, on contract.
Virtual, but we prefer someone based in Canada, and ideally in Ontario.
Please fill in the following form for consideration. I’ll respond to all qualified applicants.